The Cleveland Clinic just announced its top 10 medical innovations for 2015 – a listing of the most gamechanging new health techs.
To receive consideration, nominated technologies must (a) have significant clinical impact and patient benefit in comparison to current practices, (b) have a high probability of commercial success, (c) be available on the market in 2015, and (d) have significant human interest in its application or benefits.
The list includes pirfenidone and nintedanib (#8), the first two drugs approved by the FDA to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which afflicts some 80,000 Americans.
1. Mobile Stroke Unit
2. Dengue Fever Vaccine
3. Cost-effective, Fast, Painless Blood-Testing
4. PCSK9 Inhibitors for Cholesterol Reduction Effective
5. Antibody-Drug Conjugates Chemotherapy
6. Checkpoint Inhibitors Cancer
7. Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker
8. New Drugs for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
9. Single-Dose Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer
10. New Drug for Heart Failure Angiotensin-receptor neprilysin inhibitor (ARNI)
- Disorders & Diseases
- Public Health
- Products & Treatment
- Department Management