Nonin Medical Inc has launched the NoninConnect Model 3230 Bluetooth Smart wireless finger pulse oximeter and Apple iOS mobile app to clinicians and patients outside of the United States.
The NoninConnect wireless finger pulse oximeter combines Nonin’s proven PureSAT pulse oximetry signal processing technology with state-of-the-art Bluetooth Smart (low energy) wireless technology in an easy-to-use connected finger pulse oximeter that measures arterial blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate. The device helps clinicians and patients proactively identify issues for early intervention, helping to avoid re-hospitalization.
“Making the right decision for patients with respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease often depends on getting accurate oxygen saturation readings,” said Rick Eagle, vice president of sales, Nonin Medical.
“Unlike many low-cost oximeters, Nonin Medical’s clinically proven PureSAT pulse oximetry technology uses pulse-by-pulse filtering to achieve accuracy in COPD patients who may be experiencing low pulse strength, poor circulation, labored breathing and frequent desaturations,” Eagle said.
With NoninConnect, clinicians can remotely (up to 10 meters) view their patients’ SpO2 readings in real time. Patients can easily monitor and share their SpO2 data by downloading the NoninConnect iOS mobile app on their compatible Apple device. Compatible devices include: iPhone 4S and newer, iPad 3 and newer, all iPad Air and iPad Minis, and the iPod Touch 5th edition and newer (with Apple iOS 8.1 or newer installed).
NoninConnect Model 3230 advantages include:
- An easy-to-read, large, clear user-facing display
- A long battery life – allows for up to 2,200 spot checks on two AAA batteries
- Simplified wireless pairing to Bluetooth Smart Ready Apple iOS devices
- Nonin CorrectCheck Finger Placement Technology, which provides feedback via a digital display if user’s finger is not placed correctly in the device
- Nonin SmartPoint Capture and Send Technology, which automatically determines when a high-quality measurement is ready to be wirelessly transmitted
More information is available at Nonin’s website.
They are used to test if the glucose meter is working properly.
When your body has high amounts of acid and not enough oxygen, your immune system will suffer.
Department of Health and Human Resources; National Heart, Lung
and Blood Institute.