Ebola topped the list of Medscape’s “Year in Medicine 2014” list, which included the most important medical news stories of the year.
In addition to ebola, Medscape ranked developments with the Affordable Care Act, the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM’s) changes to the maintenance of certification (MOC) process, 3D printing of medical devices, and telemedicine as noteworthy stories in 2014.
Some other top news of 2014 included:
- New guidelines expanding the use of statins
- 3D Printing and Healthcare
- CVS Stops Selling Tobacco Products
- Digital Medicine Makes Its Mark
- Maintenance of Certification Debate
- State and Federal Health Insurance Exchanges Launch
- ACA Subsidies Under Fire
See the full list at www.medscape.com