The American Lung Association will host a Lung Force Expo on June 15 in Kansas City, Mo. The expo designed for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers and will feature a full day of presentations about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung cancer, COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension.
The event includes a professional track for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and other lung health professionals. Highlights of the professional program include:
- Keynote presentation on screening and advancements in lung cancer by Dr. Joseph Stilwill from Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
- An update on tobacco and vaping products by Dr Alvin Singh from Children’s Mercy Kansas City.
- An exhibition on the importance of pulmonary rehab by Dr Michelle Homan from Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants.
The Lung Force Expo patients/caregivers program educates patients living with lung disease and their caregivers about tools to stay connected and become advocates for their own healthcare. Highlights of thepatients/caregivers program include:
- A presentation on how to be a smart patient presented by staff from the North Kansas City Hospital Pulmonary Rehab Department.
- Informative session on how to start and continue exercise with lung disease by Melissa Davis, a personal trainer and Cancer Exercise Specialist with Cancer Action.
- A session on the benefits of palliative care by Gloria Soendker, the Manager of Palliative Care with Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care.
The full agenda is available on the Lung Force Expo website.