A Washington State woman was severely burned when an e-cigarette exploded in her lap while she was driving.

The Tacoma woman was vaping as she walked to her van in Puyallup in April 2018.  When she got in the driver’s seat, she set the vape pen down on her lap. As she started to back up, she says the device exploded.

She was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup and transferred to the burn unit at Harborview Medical Center.

She’s suing the manufacturer of the device and the stores where she bought the vape, supplies and batteries.