According to a study published in the Annals of Family Medicine, a survey of primary care patients found the majority were satisfied with telehealth video visits and were interested in continuing video visits, Health Day News reports.
According to patients, benefits included:
- Convenience and decreased costs;
- Some were more comfortable with video visits
- Some preferred to receive serious news via video visits.
- Lack of privacy (ie if the patient is at work during the telehealth visit);
- Ability of the clinician to perform an adequate physical examination.