Instrumentation Laboratory, Bedford, Mass, will host a November 4 Webinar titled, “Slaying Sepsis: Saving Lives with Faster and Better Treatment”. Jeffrey C. Fried, MD, chief medical director of adult critical care at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital will speak about the critical components in achieving early diagnosis of sepsis and septic shock.
The Webinar is part of the company’s ILluminations Webinar Series: an educational series of Web-based seminars led by industry experts, regional, and national key opinion leaders.
Program topics and outline include the following:
· Clinical importance of sepsis;
· Importance of early diagnosis of severe sepsis and septic shock;
· Relationship between rapid treatment and mortality in sepsis;
· Role of lactate in early diagnosis of sepsis;
· Proposed sepsis protocol at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital; and
· A question and answer session.
Severe sepsis is a leading cause of death in non-cardiac intensive care units and, as a result, many institutions have developed and implemented sepsis protocols to improve patient care, according to an announcement from Instrumentation Laboratory.
This free Webinar will run from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST, and is worth 1.0 professional education program hour through ASCLS/AARC. Registration will be available Online in the next week at ilus.com/illuminations.