The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) along with EMS World, has released the names of the 2015 National EMS Awards of Excellence. The awards and recognize the outstanding achievements and contributions in emergency, mobile and military healthcare, according to an organization press release.
The awards will be presented at NAEMT’s General Membership Meeting and Awards Presentation on Wednesday, Sept. 16, in Las Vegas, Nev, and on Sept. 17, at EMS World Expo’s opening ceremony.
The 2015 recipients are:
NAEMT/Braun Industries EMT of the Year: Brandy Rice (Paramedic, Arkansas City, Kan).
- This award recognizes an emergency medical technician who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
NAEMT/Nasco Paramedic of the Year: Glen Anderson (EMT, Bridgewater, Mass).
- This award recognizes a Paramedic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of emergency medical services, with their primary role being that of prehospital patient care.
NAEMT/Jones & Bartlett Learning EMS Educator of the Year: Matthew Wolkenbreit (Paramedic, Colrain, Mass).
- This award recognizes an EMS educator who demonstrates excellence in providing EMS education to students.
NAEMT/North American Rescue Military Medic of the Year: John Crowley (US Navy Fleet Marine Force Corpsman, retired, Hilliard, Ohio).
- This award recognizes a military medic who demonstrates excellence in the performance of military emergency medicine. Those eligible include any active or reserve U.S. Army Medic, Navy Corpsman, or Air Force Medic.
Dick Ferneau Paid EMS Service of the Year: Richmond Ambulance Authority (Richmond, Va).
- This award recognizes outstanding performance by a paid EMS service.
ZOLL Volunteer EMS Service of the Year: Calvert Advanced Life Support (Prince Frederick, Md).
- This award recognizes outstanding performance by a volunteer EMS service.
More information on each of the recipients is available at the NAEMT website, here.